PASS PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
The purpose of the PASS Program Scholarship is to provide tuition assistance for minority, economically disadvantaged, or at-risk medical students who wish to attend our live, USMLE/COMLEX review program in Champaign, IL.
Recipients will receive a credit in the amount of tuition for an 8-week live lecture program (value of $5900.00). Student is responsible for housing, either in the PASS Program off-site facilities or at another location of their choice, and travel. Tutoring is included in the cost of the program, but students may purchase additional tutoring at their own cost if they wish.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but must be completed in their entirety approximately 30 days prior to the start of the program you wish to attend. No off-cycle application will be accepted for scholarship purposes. Two scholarships will be granted for each scheduled course start date.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP IF YOU ARE:
1. From a disadvantaged background as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: An individual from a disadvantaged background is defined as one who comes from an environment that has inhibited the individual from obtaining the knowledge, skill, and abilities required to enroll in and graduate from a health professions school, or from a program providing education or training in an allied health profession; or comes from a family with an annual income below a level based on low income thresholds according to family size published by the U.S. Bureau of Census, adjusted annually for changes in the Consumer Price Index, and adjusted by the Secretary, HHS, for use in health professions and nursing programs. (Taken from HRSA) See 2014 Federal Poverty Guidelines here.
2. From traditionally underrepresented groups in the medical profession include African American/Black, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, Alaska Native and Hispanic/Latino.
YOU ALSO MUST BE:
a) Current first-year through graduate medical student in good academic standing.
b) A citizen, national, or a lawful permanent resident of the United States or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealths of Puerto Rico or the Marianas Islands, the Virgin Islands, Guam, the American Samoa, the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Federated State of Micronesia.
1. Complete Scholarship Application Here
2. Academic Letter of Recommendation (Must be from an instructor in Medical School). Form can be completed online Here. If the form cannot be completed, a Letter of Recommendation can be sent to [email protected]
4. Attach the following and email to [email protected]:
Proof of Financial Need-One of the following
a) Two years previous years Federal Tax Returns
b) Statement from IRS that you were not required to file
c) Letter of Financial Need from Financial AID office of your current medical school
d) Copy of FAFSA expected family contribution (EFC)
Copy of Proof of US Citizenship/Residency
a) Driver’s License issued in the U.S.
b) Birth Certificate, issued by a U.S. State or by the U.S. Department of State
c) U.S. Passport, issued by the U.S. Department of State;
d) Certificate of Citizenship
e) Naturalization Certificate
*PLEASE NOTE: PREVIOUS PASS SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ARE INELIGIBLE. APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT ACCEPTED ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY ONCE EVERY 6 MONTHS*